Some users encountered the Xbox error code 0x80070057 when accessing the Xbox application on a Windows device. Users often experience this error code when trying to sign in to Xbox Live. However, they may also see this error when updating or installing a PC game. The cause of this issue is that there is not enough space for installing update files or downloading a new game.
If you have trouble logging in the Xbox application, it’s likely that you’re having problems with your account or the Microsoft Store app’s temporary files. In this article, you will find several ways to fix the error 0x80070057 of Xbox.
What causes error 0x80070057 on Xbox ?
To better understand the ways to fix an error, you should know about the reasons. There are a few reasons why you encounter the error code 0x80070057 on Xbox application.
- Some users report that this problem is related to the user account you are using. The error code 0x80070057 can appear if the account has restricted permissions.
- You may also experience this error if you do not have enough storage space. Thus, if you intend to download a new game or update a game that is already installed, you must ensure that your computer has enough space to install the update files or the game.
- In some cases, temporary files associated with Xbox application can trigger this problem. You’ll need to clear the cache files to fix this error.
How to fix error code 0x80070057 on Xbox
The Xbox app sometimes displays the error code 0x80070057 when you’re watching video clips. If you encounter this error, it indicates that either the file is corrupted or the format of the file is incompatible. To fix error code 0x80070057 of Xbox, use the following methods:
- Check the storage capacity
- Re-download the video content
- Check your Xbox status
- Re-install the Xbox apps
- Clear Microsoft Store cache
1. Check the storage capacity
Whenever you encounter the Xbox error code 0x80070057, the first thing you should do is to check whether you have adequate storage space or not. Actually, when you download or update a game, it requires some additional storage space, so if you don’t have the space to accommodate it, you may get errors.
Thus, make sure that there is sufficient storage space on your computer. To be on the safe side, we recommend having some additional space beyond what is required. In case the problem persists despite having enough available space, try the next solution.
2. Re-download the video content
Unsupported video file formats and corrupted video files are the most common causes of the error code 0x80070057 on Xbox. The file you are having trouble downloading needs to be removed and re-downloaded. To do so, do the following:
- On the Xbox, open the Se8xtti8xn8xgs (Settings) menu.
- Select Ac8xco8xun8xt (Account), then select Do8xwn8xlo8xad Hi8xst8xor8xy (Download history).
- Click on a deleted file and select Do8xwn8xlo8xad A8xga8xin (Download again) to re-download that file.
3. Check your Xbox status
Another method is to check your Xbox’s status. By doing so, you can look into Xbox and its services in more detail. This tool will identify issues and propose solutions.
4. Re-install the Xbox app
In case you’re still having the error 0x80070057, the Xbox app installation files may be the reason. In that case, you need to remove the Xbox app from your system and re-install it. Follow these steps.
- Press the Windows+I keys to open the Se8xtti8xng8xs (Settings) app.
- On the left sidebar, click on A8xpp8xs (Applications)
- Click the A8xpp8xs & fe8xat8xur8xes (Apps & features) tab.
- Scroll down to the Xbox app in the application list.
- Click the three-dot icon next to Xbox and choose U8xnin8xsta8xll (Uninstall).
- Then you’ll be guided through the uninstalling process.
Now, you can download the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store or from the Xbox official website, and then install it.
5. Clear Microsoft Store cache
The next method to fix this error is to clear the Microsoft Store cache files on your computer.
We hope that with these methods, you will be able to solve the error 0x80070057 on Xbox. If you have other methods or any question, please write down in the comment box below.